A List Of Unique High School Essay Topics On The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner; an intense novel of human sensibilities, was published in 2003 and was eked out of the pen of Khaled Hosseini. It has fast made a space for itself; and in time, may become a beacon for academic pursuits.
The ten topics
High school students may derive many singeing essay topics from its course. Here are 10 of the smart essay topics for your reference –
- The story of a runner – Although Hassan is the actual kite runner, it is Amir who keeps running from responsibilities. Thus, the topic would be cryptic in nature.
- Seeds are more important than the fruit – Amir never pays Hassan for his dues, but relents to go overboard for his son Sohrab. There lies the rub.
- Evil continues – Assef rapes Hassan to Amir’s chagrin and years later, it is Assef who kidnaps Hassan’s son Sohrab.
- The father’s eye – Even as Amir grows into a mature person, his father always finds something amiss in him. His apprehensions are not exactly untrue.
- Fight for survival – Even as Amir leaves for USA, his house is fought for by Hassan against Palestinian forces. There are some things worth fighting for.
- What would you do if you were in Amir’s shoes – It is hard to give an honest answer because we, as humans, love to live in a conceit.
- Who is the actual hero of this book – Hassan comes as the apparent hero, but logic suggests that he does what comes naturally to him. Amir meanwhile takes an about turn to deal with courage in the final half of the book.
- What is the significance of the peep-hole – It is actually a vision into one’s insight and conscience. If we only open up to see through it, most of our follies will peter away.
- A hint of racism – It is shown that USA allows Amir to revel and grow while his own country, Afghanistan reduced him into a caricature in the initial phase of the book. There is clearly a streak of racism involved.
- Everything comes a full circle – Hassan threatens Assef that he would blind him and years later, his son Sohrab, unaware of his father’s threat, actually blinds Assef in one eye.
A fluid statement
Some segments of the book are undoubtedly too mature and usher abject sentiments from the readers. However, the writing style is quite fluid and high school students would love to have a go at it.
Just for you! Best essay writers for hire - get your essay or term paper written overnight.