A List Of Unusual Essay Topics About The Importance Of Being Earnest
The Importance of Being Earnest is one of the most famous pieces of work created by Oscar Wilde, and was first published towards the end of the 19th century. It takes a satirical look at Victorian society, and mocks a range of societal concepts held at the time.
As one of the most important writers of the time, Oscar Wilde has been studied by students from decades and, therefore, it is inevitable that many students will have to write a piece of work relating to The Importance of Being Earnest. Therefore, students will generally try and find unique or unusual essay topics to write about, so as to ensure that the work they produce is as fresh and interesting as possible.
Of course, it is important to try and ensure that your work is as unique as possible; however, you do not want to choose a topic that is so obscure that it detracts from the quality of your work. In order to give you some ideas to think about, the following provides a list of unusual topics that you might wish to use when writing about The Importance of Being Earnest.
- Describe the use of homosexuality as a theme in The Importance of Being Earnest, and try and analyze the references to homosexuality in relation to the sexuality of Oscar Wilde
- With reference to other works by Oscar Wilde, outline and discuss the use of structure in the story, as well as the genre of The Importance of Being Earnest
- The Importance of Being Earnest marks a wide range of social customs from Victorian society - describe the way in which the concept of marriage is treated
- What can be learned about the Victorian era by reading The Importance of Being Earnest?
- Outline and discuss the various interpretations of the line, "A handbag?" that was used by Lady Bracknell in The Importance of Being Earnest
- With reference to the language used, describe what problems translators might have faced when trying to translate The Importance of Being Earnest into different languages
- With reference to The Importance of Being Earnest, what is satire?
- Describe the reception of The Importance of Being Earnest by the Victorian public when it was first released
- Compare and contrast The Importance of Being Earnest with other works by Oscar Wilde
- Compare and contrast The Importance of Being Earnest with other satirical pieces of literature in the late Victorian era